Enlightenment
¿Quieres reaccionar a este mensaje? Regístrate en el foro con unos pocos clics o inicia sesión para continuar.

HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS

4 participantes

HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS Empty HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS

Mensaje  GERARD LOPEZ C Mar Mar 03, 2009 6:24 pm

Fonseca said that we have to handle the comments on Human Rights by the end of this week. There are many exams study , but do you think you will be in time?

Let's talk to her next Wednesday. Ok?

lol!

GERARD LOPEZ C

Cantidad de envíos : 2

HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS Empty Human rights

Mensaje  paula.1c Mar Mar 03, 2009 6:31 pm

I've the human right in catalan I hope I will be able to translate them soon. We'll talk on Wednesday! pig

paula.1c

Cantidad de envíos : 1

HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS Empty Time is running fast

Mensaje  Carmen Fonseca Mar Mar 03, 2009 10:31 pm

We need the texts of the summaries of the books you have been reading related to light and darkness. This is the paper you should follow to write your summary:

Book Summary

Setting:
The setting is where and when the book takes place. Describe or “paint a picture” of where most of the story happens. What time did the story take place? If the time is not referred to specifically, look at clues to predict when it might have happened. Use these clues in your writing to further “set the stage” of the book you are reviewing.

Characters:
Describe the main characters and their relationships to the story. Tell about what kind of person each character is and how he or she grows or changes throughout the story. The physical description of the character is less important than what the character is like (for example, cautious, adventuresome,clever, etc.) What events helped the character change, and why? Be specific.

Point of View:
Think about how the story is being told. Through whose ‘eyes’ are we seeing the events? Sometimes a book is told through one character’s point of view, and sometimes it seems that the point of view shifts. Look to see if the story is told in the first person (using the word “I” to describe events.) If not, you’ll have to pay attention to who the story seems to be ‘following.’

Plot:
The plot is what happens throughout the story. This should not include EVERY detail, but simply the main point of the story. Most books have a conflict or problem as part of the plot. What was the main problem that faced the characters? Think about the main events in the story and how they build up to a climax (the most exciting part.)

Ending/Resolution:
How did the book end? What happened after the climax, and how was the conflict of the story resolved? Mention the main ways the author wrapped up the end of the book.

Theme:
The theme is the message that you get from a story. It is the moral, the main idea, the heart and substance of the story. Think about how the author seems to want you to feel about certain values…love, freedom, the family, friendship, independence. This might be the theme. The theme you see may be different from what somewhat else sees as the theme. This is a personal opinion based on your reading.

Response:
Tell how you felt while reading the book, and how the characters and the ending affected you. Could you relate to any of the characters in the book? Did the author capture your imagination? Did you learn something when reading this book? This is your chance to tell about your own experience and relate it to your reading.

Due Dates:
These book summaries are due at March 13, 2009.

Best wishes
Carmen

Carmen Fonseca

Cantidad de envíos : 32

HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS Empty What do we have to do ?

Mensaje  Carmen Martínez A Jue Mar 05, 2009 10:48 pm

I haven't got any news about what do we have to do. If we have to do something please send a e-mail to us because we don't have many information (I'm talking about the people of the class A).
Thanks,
Carmen Martínez A.

Carmen Martínez A

Cantidad de envíos : 5

HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS Empty Re: HUMAN RIGHTS & BOOKS

Mensaje  Contenido patrocinado

Contenido patrocinado